Will your car make it to the end of summer or do you need to schedule a car air conditioner service? How do you know if your car needs coolant? A little fresh coolant added to the radiator may make the difference of staying cool the rest of the summer or find yourself looking for urgent A/C repair.
Because car air conditioner service can be expensive, vehicle owners don’t want to even think about it. With the introduction of computerized parts, today’s cooling system is complex and the days of “do-it-yourself” maintenance is a thing of the past. Because of environmental regulations governing car air conditioning service, auto mechanics are required to be certified and auto shops must use specialized equipment to ensure that harmful chemicals.
Here is a brief description of the various components that make up the cooling system:
- The compressor is a belt-driven pump responsible for compressing and transferring refrigerant gas.
- The condenser is designed to radiate heat as it cools, condenses and then exits as a high-pressure liquid.
- The evaporator is the component which removes the heat and humidity from the inside of your vehicle.
- Pressure Regulators sense the temperature and pressure and regulate the refrigerant flow to the evaporator.
- Metering Devices keep the gas and liquid separate, as well as removes moisture and debris.
If you think your vehicle’s A/C isn’t keeping you cool enough, you may be wondering how to know if your car needs coolant. Schedule a car air conditioner service with a certified technician to make sure that all the parts and components of your cooling system are working properly.
So, how do you know if your car needs coolant? Contact our ASE Certified technicians at Dependable Car Care for more information about car air conditioner service and to schedule an appointment. Our auto shop proudly serves residents in the community of Ventura, CA, and surrounding area.