If you’re a new vehicle owner, you may not know exactly what to expect when you take your car to an auto shop. It is a fact that vehicle maintenance is an expense, so it is wise to fit basic car service into your monthly budget. The cost is much less than a major car repair for damage that could occur in the engine, transmission, or suspension, just to name a few issues.
What happens when you get your car serviced? Here are several benefits that you will experience:
- Pay little now, save later: Taking care of the smaller issues early on will save you money in the long run. Although you would be paying some now, it could be much more expensive if you let the issue get worse. Keeping up with regular car service is vital because it can uncover hidden damage or wear on vital components in your cars, such as steering and braking. There could be hidden damage that doesn’t necessarily impact your ability to drive the car.
- Save money on fuel: If the engine and operating systems are running at their optimum level, y our car is likely to be more fuel-efficient, saving you cash at the fuel pump!
- Extend your car’s lifespan: A car that’s been taken care of will have a longer life expectancy, saving you from replacing a transmission, or even having to purchase a new car altogether!
- Raises the resale value of your car: Keeping a thorough service history will allow you to ask for a better price when it comes to selling your car or using it as a trade-in.
- Helps with your insurance: If you have an accident and your car is totaled, your insurer may use your car’s service history to estimate its pre-accident value. Having a full-service history could increase its value.
So what happens if you don’t get your car serviced? It will be just a matter of time and then it will start to lose its power and efficiency when things like a spark or glow plugs wear out, the engine overheats, you have a flat tire, or you start having shifting problems. Don’t wait until you get stranded on the side of the road, or be the cause of an accident to understand the importance of regular car service!
Wondering what happens when you get your car serviced? Contact our ASE Certified technicians at Dependable Car Care for more information about car repair and maintenance services and to schedule an appointment. Our auto shop proudly serves residents in the community of Ventura, CA, and the surrounding area.